Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for...

  • ...my new career, which uses the skills and knowledge that I studied at college. The more I talk to people, the more I find out how uncommon it is to work in the exact field you wanted to.
  • ...the man who referred me to my current land lady, who had a nice house available to rent and ONLY rents by referral. Everyone tells me that finding apartments is very difficult here, and so it finding a house to rent for under $1000/month. I really didn't want to live in a trailer, which are the only rentable things in abundance.
  • ...my department director, who gave several of us an invite to his home for Thanksgiving so I wouldn't have to spend it in my hotel room, with a James Lilek's $10 Thanksgiving Dinner.
  • ...my friends back home, who still call regularly to check in and combat homesickness. I miss you guys.
  • ...my family, who give me support of both the moral and material variety throughout my entire life.
  • God, from whom all these blessings come from, and gives more in ways that I haven't yet realized.

Everyone enjoy your feasting today, and always be mindful of those who make it possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you seen the newest one yet?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDiDK_yBCw0