Monday, November 10, 2008

Hooray for Paid Hollidays!

November 11th is Veteran's day!

Hooray for days off in the middle of the week! I kinda needed this one, as my Labor Day weekend wasn't exactly relaxing with the Scone Sale and all. And two weeks there after, is Thanksgiving. But sadly we don't get Black Friday off as well.

FUN FACT: I first thought that this was because my employers or its HR department didn't believe in in four-day weekends, but I learned that the truth is, the FCC doesn't believe in them, at least not if you're a utility company. I think we really need to consider abandoning the Land Line business, dig up the copper wire for scrap, and just push our wireless service. It'll probably happen eventually, but not in my lifetime. Heck, Western Union didn't officially shutdown their telegram business until January 31st, 2006!

And now you know.

No comments: