Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Reduction

When I first began the process of packing, I figured "No big deal, I just did this two years ago." Ah, but that was me moving out of my parents house with one bedroom full of stuff, plus a few start-up household goods donated by the 'rents and my sister. That was not a big deal.

Since my arrival here, I've acquired a lot more stuff. Some of that stuff off the top of my head includes:
  • One large futon from coworker
  • One large futon from home
  • Matching coffee table and end table
  • Non-matching coffee table and end table
  • Full size mattress w/ box springs (no frame)
  • End Table like item, used as a TV Stand
  • Card table and chairs
  • Kitchenware (Pots/pans, dishes, glasses, cutlery, flatware, small appliances)
  • Nonperishable groceries
  • Large Armchair w/ ottoman (From Home)
Soon, I'll have one less Bedroom and a smaller Living room. And while I think everything will fit, it may be a bit... cramped. Another coworker might be interested in taking a futon off my hands (thus continuing the circle of life) but I'd like to ditch one of these coffee tables, I think. Well, I'll see what I can do.

No comments: